Automatic Pet Feeders can seem a bit too complicated to handle to a pet owner who is switching from a simple steel feeder to a programmable one. If you belong to this category, this post will be very helpful for you. These are all the components of an right automatic pet feeder for cats available in the market today-
Let’s start with the front view of the feeder first-
- Hopper Lid
- Hopper Base
- Control Panel
- LCD screen
- 5 Button Navigation
- Food Chute
- Removable Stainless Steel Bowl
- Removable Bowl Holder
Now, it is time to discuss all the parts from the back view of the feeder-
- Lid Finger Grips
- Lid Latch
- Hopper Release Button
- Power Connection
The conveyor is another important part of the feeder and these are all the components of the conveyor-
- Back Chute
- Front Chute
- Crumb Catcher
These are all the components of the battery compartment-
- Battery Door
- Rubber Feet
These are all the parts and components of the Control Panel as well as the LCD Screen indicators-
- Meal Number- It displays which meal is being programmed.
- Battery Indicator- It displays the battery life of the feeder when D-cell alkaline batteries are in use.
- Power Adaptor- It is displayed when the power adapter is connected to the feeder.
- AM or PM Indicator
- Left Button
- Up Button/ View or Set Time
- Enter Button
- Right Button
- Down Button
- Slow Feed- It is displayed if the feeder is set to Slow Feed Mode.
- Pause Feed- It is displayed when the feeder is set to Pause Feed Mode and the feeding schedules are suspended. The feeder will not dispense food until pause is removed.
- Immediate Feed- It is displayed when the feeder is set to Immediate Feed Mode. This is used to immediately dispense the next scheduled meal.
- User Mode- It means that the feeding schedule is set to the user with customized meal numbers, times, and portions.
- Cat Mode- It means that the feeding schedule is set to default cat.
- Dog Mode- It means that the feeding schedule is set to default dog.
- Meal Size (Cup or Milliliters)- It displays the portion for each meal number that is being programmed or the portion for next scheduled meal to be dispensed.
- Time Indicator (12-Hour or 24-Hour Format)- It displays the current time as well the time of next scheduled meal (according to your programming)
- Button Lock- It is displayed whenever the 5-Button Navigation is disabled and gets the buttons locked automatically when not in use.
These are all the basic components of an Automatic Pet Feeder and now that you what your feeder is made up of and what does each symbol on the feeder’s screen means, you will be able to use it in a much better and much safer manner.